Many people assume they are Christians because:
- Theoretically, we live in a Christian country.
- They attend church regularly.
- They’ve joined a church.
- They’ve been baptized.
- They live by the Golden Rule.
- Their mother or grandmother are strong believers.
- They’ve read the Bible.
- They’re not Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist.
- They believe in God.
Believing in God is NOT ENOUGH. The Bible says even demons believe. (James 2:19) Belief in Jesus, God’s Son and His way of being made right with Him is the ONLY way to God’s heaven. The Bible says:
John 14:6, Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (Notice He says He is THE way, not A way.)
Acts 4:12, speaking of Jesus, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
Jesus is the stairway between heaven and earth. Jesus is the Way to the Father. There is no other name given to men by which we can be saved. The first step to living a life of purpose and an eternally significant life on earth is making sure you are a child of God!
If you cannot remember when you made the deliberate decision to believe and receive Christ in your heart, there may be a good chance that He’s not there! Jesus is a gentleman. He does not push His way into our lives. Accepting God’s way to heaven is an individual choice. Not a choice someone makes for us.
Step One: Get right with God
STEPS FOR BEING RIGHT WITH GOD:
- Admit you are a sinner and cannot save yourself. (Sin brings separation between you and God. Isaiah 59:2)
- Acknowledge that Christ is the Son of God and only He can save you. (John 14:6)
- Believe that Jesus died for your sins, personally. (Romans 5:8)
- Receive, through prayer, Jesus into your heart and life. (Jesus says in Revelation 3:20, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in.
I know I am a sinner. I believe You died for my sins. Right now, I turn from my sins and
open the door of my heart and life. I want You to be my personal Lord and Savior.
Thank you for saving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen
Step Two: Establish a Relationship with God by starting a Quiet Time each day
This resource is a great starting point if you aren’t sure how to start a quiet time.